2011 Zero MX Electrical Motorcycle
Sunday, September 15th 2013. – Zero
2011 Zero MX responsive. planted within the whole corners. tuned for flight. twist the throttle and begin carving the track. silent and powerful, the zero mx opens a visceral new playing field of moto possibility.
The zero mx takes revolutionary electrical motorcycle technology to firmly the track, trail or perhaps your back yard. incredibly powerful and light-weight, the zero mx uses a finely tuned and totally adjustable suspension system to firmly absorb aggressive terrain and provides you a position. combined with state as to actually the art z-force™ technology and an ultra-light frame style, the 2011 zero mx is agile and fast where it counts.
speaking of fast, the zero mx can spin heads too as laps all around the competition. the new zero mx has taken huge leaps forward in terms of power and response. finely massaged by your zero mx engineering team, it demands attention. track tuned suspension and an business leading power-to-weight ratio results within the dirt bike with uninhibited responsiveness. alloy motocross wheels eliminate the hits whereas smoothly maintaining management. intensity combines with silence to firmly browse a brand new playing field of riding potentialities. rely on it. if nobody heard you riding, where would you ride ?
currently full sized and featuring a brand new z-force™ motor, the 2013 zero mx is up to firmly 125% additional powerful and offers 51% additional torque. with 68 ft-lbs and up to firmly 54 hp, the zero mx accelerates exhausting, with incredibly swish throttle management, to firmly enable you to take bigger jumps and corner faster. when rolling from the throttle you’ll currently take advantage of regenerative braking to firmly each modulate speed and extend ride times. adding an fascinating twist to firmly competitive riding, performance characteristics as to actually the zero mx are adjustable via bluetooth while a compatible mobile device. to firmly improve handling, the zero mx has a greater rear shock by having lower compression ratio too just like a wider front fork to firmly improve torsional rigidity.
the 2011 zero mx features the world’s 1st truly modular power pack system and is out there in 2 configurations. zf2. 8 ( one module ), zf5. 7 ( 2 modules ). the lockable modules often is individually added or removed, regardless of state of charge, in under a second. charge times often is cut in half using an optional quick charge system, or down to firmly as very little as an hour or so to firmly reach 95% when using the chademo accessory ( chademo charging needs a supporting charge station ). the sealed z-force™ motor nearly eliminates all routine powertrain maintenance and drives the rear wheel by solution to a beefier 520 chain. owning a zero may not been easier.
Fueled by Zero Motorcycles’ proprietary lithium ion power pack, the Zero MX delivers instant torque from zero RPM. This is made possible by the power pack’s ability efficiently dump an incredibly high amount of power as soon as you twist the throttle. Using an advanced monitoring system, each cell in the power pack is individually controlled during charge and discharge.
A standalone charger integrates into this system and uses a specially developed charge profile to optimize the power pack’s recharge time.
Think of it this way, fuel systems are to gas motorcycles what electrical systems are to electrical motorcycles. Where others use a small carburetor and fuel pump, Zero uses a highly tuned fuel injection system. Zero has found a way of rapidly flowing more energy out of a power pack than any of its competitors.
This means more acceleration and more fun.
More power and better acceleration:
– More powerful Agni motor is standard
– Sustains higher power output for longer durations
– More torque
New motor integrated Z-Force Air Induction System:
– Allows for increased motor performance during aggressive riding
– Enables more energy output for longer durations
– Powerful, low weight and compact motor
Enhanced power pack features include:
– Optional quick-charge that cuts recharge time down by almost half (to around an hour)
– Larger system size for increased stopping power
– Greater commonality using standard-size mount patterns
– Standard motorcycle rear foot brake
Suspension – Tuned for the Track
The Zero MX uses a newly refined suspension system to absorb aggressive terrain on the track. Taking advantage of the motorcycle’s low weight, the inverted front fork is robust, light and responsive. Riders can quickly dial it in using the externally adjustable compression and rebound damping.
On the rear, a rigid double diamond swing arm keeps the wheel planted using a newly developed custom rear shock with a fully adjustable spring preload and easily tuned damping.
Carefully tuned, balanced and improved suspension system:
– Specially tuned for the track
– Tested on motocross tracks and jumps by a variety of different riders
– Suspension specialists recorded all riding results alongside riders
– Analysis of riding results used to optimize compliance by adjusting damping curves and spring rates
– Steel stanchions for increased strength, rigidity and control
– Front adjustments: Compression and rebound damping
– Rear adjustments: Preload, compression and rebound damping
Wheels and Tires – Hook Up in the Turns
Improved contact points:
– More supportive footpegs with an aggressive new profile
– Much more aggressive saw tooth profile to maintain foot position and control
– Uses a standardized clevis for greater aftermarket options
- 2011 Zero MX: First Ride – Dirt Rider Magazine
- 2011 Zero MX First Ride – Motorcycle USA
- 2013 Zero Motorcycles lineup goes faster and farther, charges with CHAdeMO
- 2013 Zero Motorcycles- First Ride Review- Electric Motorcycles
- 2013 Zero MX Motocross Review