2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero – Cool, short, long, elegant, all those adjectives fit the Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ® ™ plus more – much more functional. This container, introduced last year in the Vulcan line of cruisers, practical and economical test that can coexist on the same bike. His style is aggressive and muscular Vaquero any runner stand out from the crowd.
And with a 1700 cc engine powerful, electronic cruise control and full-featured sound system, the Vaquero is necessary to take on the open road.
Black custom details are the first indication that the mission of the Cowboy, and not much to see. It all starts with the candy paint beautiful blue plasma in the abbreviated fairing, tank and body sculpting sculpture that looks like it could be a mile deep. The special edition goes a step further with its paint job candy lime green with ebony and marble custom graphics painting.
Deluxe chrome accents (engine guards, exhaust, mirrors, etc.) offer a good counterpoint to the glossy paint, but is perhaps the multi-textured black with engine and chassis treatment that best highlights the radical aesthetics of Vaquero. The engine, air cleaner cover, tires, tank holder and cover all treatment failure, so the bike a truly custom look that is beautiful and menacing at the same time. It is certainly not a bike that can easily forget.
Everything in the body, paint and chrome is a nice bike superbly designed, one that combines the power of nature, handling, durability and inspiring confidence in a massive functional package. It all starts with the Cowboy 1700 cc liquid-cooled V-twin that powers the four models Vulcan 1700 – Voyager ®, Classic, Nomad ™ and Vaquero.
A well proven design, this degree V 52 offers the latest search engine technology, including a return to the past, a time when the V-twin engine was the power of having your bike. Features include a camshaft design, compression ratio and long-stroke dimensions of design translate into the kind of low blow and effortless mid-range is so desirable and useful in a big-inch cruiser.
Cowboy speed system works with electronics fuel injection high technology to optimize engine response without sacrificing its distinctive V-twin throb. The system uses a throttle position sensor (APS) and a throttle position sensor (TPS) data to the ECU, which adjusts the throttle plates intake air flow measuring result. The system provides a natural feeling of choking, because the APS is activated by a throttle body pulley connected by cables to the butterfly.
Besides the obvious benefits such as improved fuel economy and IF automatic adjustment for changes in altitude, the system also permits easy hands-free control of the heating rate and rest. Cowboy also has a water-cooled alternator produces a staggering 46.8 amps of electrical power – plenty of power to a selection of electronic accessories that enhance motorcycle travel.
The result of all this is a huge amount of useful torque spread over a wide speed range scandalous. With 108 lb-ft of torque, a simple twist of the throttle arm Cowboy book that extends to the acceleration of transit or freeway driving sportier, and the wave of soft grunt at low revs is always ready to s-Please when they are just boppin ‘down the boulevard, check the scene and have fun.
Speaking of all “Cruisin term, the Vaquero offers true convenience bike tour in the form of your system, electronic cruise control, comfort from the right handlebar and usable at any speed between 30 and 85 mph in a four higher gears. The system can be disconnected from cruising in the following ways: by pressing the brake lever, clutch lever, rear brake pedal, or manually rotated past the Throttle position “closed”.
Acumen shines through further rounds of six-speed transmission gear motor saturated 5 and 6, which contributes to relaxed driving and excellent fuel economy at highway speeds. Power is supplied to the rear wheel through a transmission belt reinforced carbon fiber having a tensile strength of about 40 percent more than current Kevlar belts. And chopped, custom fairing looks?
Although weaker than the traditional windshield or fairing, still cuts a good size hole in the atmosphere from the opposite direction, giving the pilot a more useful air cocoon in which to enjoy the journey.
Lockable hard bags side loading establish the Cowboy, apart from his brothers, Vulcan 1700. They are well built and spacious, and the like to highlight a lot of the bike, looking down. A carved chair offers comfortable perch tires, while a minimalist passenger platform is at the top of a rear wing in the wild, which incorporates the rear lights also smart and turn signal assemblies.
As part of keeping all this stuff together is a backbone of a single unit, double cradle designed to be a thin and light as possible to facilitate access to land and optimal management. Bolted to the steering column is a set of 45mm fork with 5.5 inches of wheel travel and a mammoth trip to the baseline. The rear suspension consists of two air-assisted shocks with spring preload adjustment and rebound damping operates through a sturdy steel swingarm.
Nine radios matt black aluminum wheels keep the fat, 130/90 and front tires 170/70 radial offer characteristics of light handling, strength and durability. The equipment consists of two brake discs 300 mm front and tongs with two pistons of a disc of 300 mm with a rear two-piston caliper.
It all adds up to a very high bagger line, which includes the right combination of characteristics: it is functional in a wide range of environments from the city “Cruisin the execution center of the road. Has a very advanced technology. Y is beautiful knee that vibrate, a bike that puts goose bumps on my arms and neck every time you open the garage door to take a look.
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero Features and Benefits
• Water-cooled 1700 cc V-twin pulls torsional loads
• 6-speed transmission allows a more relaxed pace
• electronic throttle actuation ensures optimized injector timing and throttle position, resulting in a precise answer, powerful engine
• Electronic speed control maintains speed for comfort on long trips
• The frame-mounted front fairing directs aerodynamic forces on the chassis to keep the steering feel of lightness
• Unique “muscle car” style instrumentation keeps the driver fully informed
• Sound System has FM, AM and WX and is compatible with the iPod, XM tuner or CB radio
• aggressive, muscular style cruiser end to end
• The double tapered mufflers maximize the capacity of the bag
• Low seat height with a single piece sports seat contributes to long classic cruiser look low
• Aggressive black-image and strong colors stand out the simple forms of body
A powerful 1700 cc V-twin engine
E • Liquid-cooled, four valves per cylinder, 1700 cc fuel injected 52 degree V-twin engine
• long-stroke 102 x 104 mm diameter and time dimensions to provide high levels of torque with a clear sense of the V-twin
• valve actuation system uses a cam arrangement single bar instead to speed the power rpm, and the strengthening of half the height
• The semi-dry sump design allows a lower crankshaft placement and a longer piston stroke without increasing engine height
• Simple handle enhances the V-twin character to provide electrical pulses of high
• high capacity air box is located on both sides of the engine
• The small diameter Iridium plugs penetrate deeply into the combustion chamber of high combustion efficiency, especially at low load operation
• The setting of the engine, combined with long-stroke design offers superior acceleration in the range of 50-70 mph
• Even in overdrive (team of 5 and 6), the engine pulls strongly, making it easier to pass the road
The electronic throttle valve
• fully electronic throttle actuation enables the ECU to control the volume of intake air (via the throttle angle) and fuel (via fuel injector timing) is injected into the engine
• Optimisation of injection time and the results of the position of the throttle valve at a precise answer, powerful engine
• Control of air injection and provides a simple, accurate control from engine idle cold
• From the driver’s perspective, the ETV system functions as a throttle actuator cable, the throttle is connected to the wires, so that in the finger grip is the same
• By turning the accelerator rotates a pulley on the throttle body, which drives the throttle position sensor (APS) to send a signal to the ECU, which then modulates the butterfly valves via a DC motor
• The precise throttle position is transmitted to the ECU of a throttle position sensor (TPS)
• APS and TPS send two sets of signals to the ECU for system redundancy in the unlikely event of sensor failure
Electronic speed control system
• The system maintains the desired speed and mounted, even
• The cruise control can be hired and paid in full the right handlebar
• System Controller can be activated by the third or higher at a speed between 30 mph and 85 mph
• The pressure on the brake lever, clutch or brake pedal disconnect the cruise control automatically, as does manually roll off the throttle
• The diagnostic system allows self testing of electronic systems on the Vulcan 1700
• The system displays the instrumentation codes that can be read by the owner
6-speed Transmission / Final Drive
• Durable and easy changing six-speed transmission with positive neutral finder
• 5 and 6 are cross overdrive gears for excellent fuel economy at highway speeds
• Carbon fiber reinforced belt final drive provides a 40 percent increase in tensile strength compared with the current band of Kevlar
• The belt drive system is quiet, efficient and low maintenance provided with respect to a chain
45 mm telescopic fork
• Provides excellent handling
• 5.5 inches of travel for excellent ride quality
• Optimization of damping and spring settings for a luxury ride, but controlled
Dual adjustable rear air shock
• The adjustable air springs can be adjusted to suit the rider and a variable number of passengers
• 4-way rebound damping adjustable shocks help compensate for changes in spring pressure
9 -, alloy wheels
• lightweight and strong wheels allow the use of tubeless tires, while black paint complements the style of the Vaquero treatment
• Fat and long duración-130/90 front and 170/70 rear tires
• tire choice and suspension settings to improve the handling characteristics of light chassis
The style and body
• The architecture of the database engine supports custom factory look of the Vaquero, while its black in color with machined aluminum accents and triggers naked bike colors
• The gloss and matte finishes on the aesthetics of the engine even more emphasis on
• As part of the body formed shapes create a very personalized appearance
• Most items are exclusive Vaquero, which add to your custom factory appearance. These include motor housings, fender, side plates of a single piece, knapsacks, and seat cowling
• Reduce the fairing looks like a piece of royal commission, the windshield and headlight smoked cover short
• Coverage of the Louvre-style fog lamp can be replaced by lamps accessories
• Carved Leg covers perfectly fill the space between the rear fender and saddlebags
• Silence tapered at their ends to a retro look at the bottom
• carved look as good looks and cradle the rider’s seat for maximum comfort
• LED taillight is attractive and highly visible when lit for safety
• Large fairing with wide windshield and reduces wind abbreviated integrated and offers considerable protection against the elements for cyclists
• With the fairing mounted on the chassis, all the rest of the wind is transferred to the bike instead of the handlebars, which helps to strengthen the stability of the roads and reduce driver fatigue
• El Vaquero features hard, lockable saddlebags and opening sealed side, with almost 10 liters of storage space for each night travel
• The smooth rounded shape is an interesting alternative Luggage Square, Square bagger is in other models
• The lockable front glove box to provide a convenient place to store small items
• Two helmet holders under the seat
Traditional custom Control Panel / Advanced Audio
• Design tools and the large round instruments give the console a custom look Vaquero with a retro flavor
• The unit of the radio / stereo custom classic looks from the 1960
• multi-function liquid crystal display in the center of the instrument console is controlled by switches on the right side of the handlebar. Features include a gear position indicator, fuel gauge, clock, odometer, dual trip meters, remaining range and average fuel consumption
• Analog displays include speedometer, tachometer and coolant temperature indicator
• Sound system with speakers features radio (FM / AM / WX) twin and compatibility with the optional iPod ®, XM tuner or CB radio units
• The audio system (and iPod, which plugs into the left fairing pocket) can be controlled by a switch on the left handlebar
• Ignition switch allows you to remove the key in the on position, which prevents damage to the cover escrow black finish for the operation
• Take the necklace the ignition switch to the ACC position allows accessories to be used when the engine is off, turning to “OFF” turns off the engine and requires re-insertion of the key to restart
• Seat combines an elegantly sculpted, with an ideal density foam for all day comfort
• How Scooped easy access to land
• Standing driving position and covered with rubber floors contribute to driving comfort important
• Two adjustable settings with rear air springs optimized to drive more consistent and load if necessary
• The fuel tank 5.3 liter offers a wide range, which helps minimize fuel stops when on the road
• Kawasaki offers a range of optional accessories, including the iPod connector, the XM radio module, standard gel seat, stock dual seat gel coatings, auxiliary lights, sockets, DC, GPS mount, handlebar clamps Billet, hood ornaments, bags of top rails, custom cover and more. Consult your local dealer for more information on Kawasaki
• Deluxe two-tone lime green candy paint complemented by an ebony marble graphic custom drawing for a distinctive look
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero – USA Technical specifications and technical details
U.S. MSRP: $ 16 799 a 17 199 USD
Four-stroke engine, liquid cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder, 52 ° V-twin
Displacement 1.700 cc / 103.7ci
Bore x stroke 102 x 104mm
9.5:1 compression ratio
Max torque 108 lb-ft @ 2,750 rpm
Coolant system, and the cooling fins
TCBI digital ignition advance
Fuel injection induction digital throttle body 42 mm dual
6-speed transmission with overdrive and positive neutral finder
Type steel frame, double-cradle with the central case of a single tube
Rake / Trail 30 degrees / 7.0 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel 45mm hydraulic fork / 5.5 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel swingarm with dual air-assisted shocks with 4-way rebound / 3.1 inches
130/90-16 Front Tire
Rear tire 170/70-16
Brakes front / rear Dual discs of 300 mm, dual-piston calipers and single 300 mm disc, twin piston caliper
Total length 98.8 cm
Overall width 38.2 inches
Overall height 50.8 inches
Seat height 28.7 cm
Dry weight 835.7 kg. **
Wheelbase 65.6 inches
5.3 liters fuel capacity.
Choice of colors Candy Lime Green Candy Plasma Blue / Ebony
Warranty 36 months
Good Times ™ Protection Plan 12, 24 or 36 months
Dry weight ** includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent of capacity) and tool kit (if equipped).
Bore and Stroke 104.0 mm x 102.0
Refrigerant and cooling fins
9.5:1 compression ratio
Valve System SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Fuel injection system with dual digital fuel throttle body 42 mm
Ignition TCBI with digital advance
Lubrication Forced lubrication (semi-dry sump)
6-speed transmission with overdrive
Drive end carbon fiber belt
Primary reduction ratio 1.515 (50/33)
Gear ratios: 1st 2933 (44/15)
Gear ratios: 2nd 1900 (38/20)
Gear ratios: 3rd 1407 (38/27)
Gear ratios: 4th 1143 (32/28)
Before: Type Two discs of 300 mm
Front: Dual 4-piston caliper
Rear: 300 mm single disc type
Rear: two-piston caliper
Overall length 2510 mm (98.8 inches)
Overall Width 970 mm (38.2 inches)
Total height 1290 mm (50.8 inches)
Wheelbase 1665 mm (65.6 inches)
Ground clearance 145 mm (5.7 inches)
Seat height 730 mm (28.7 inches)
Curb Mass 379 kg ** (835.6 lbs.)
Fuel capacity 20 liters (4.4 gallons).
Fuel consumption 6.5 l/100 km (44 mpg)
** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if equipped)
Maximum power of 61 kW ‡ The / PS 5000 rpm
Maximum torque 146 Nm ‡ The kgf.m / 2,750 rpm
‡ Power / torque figures measured at the crankshaft.
* MSRP TBA
Metallic colors Spark Black / Candy Plasma Blue
Warranty 36 months warranty
EXTRA COST OPTIONS
Good Times Protection Plan 12 or 24 months (Kawasaki WPB coverage begins after standard limited warranty expires)
Good Times Protection Plan 12 or 24 months (Kawasaki WPB coverage begins after standard limited warranty expires)
* Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, PDI or applicable taxes. The exchange rate is at the discretion of the distributor. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
The specifications mentioned above are applied and have been obtained with production models under normal operation. Our intention is to give a good description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications do not apply to all equipment supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to change specifications without notice.
Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to suit different markets. Available colors may vary by market.
- KAWASAKI ER-6N BROCHURE Pdf Download.
- Lurching/slowing zzr 250 kawasaki
- Kawasaki Ninja ZXR400 – review and opinion – zxr 400 l (Edited)
- Motorcycle Buyers Guide – Kawasaki EX500, GPZ500S, Ninja 500R, ZZ-R500
- 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Drifter