2012 Victory Cross Country Tour | Preview
2012 Victory Motorcycle
New for 2012 is the Victory Cross Country Luxury Tour, a machine more than capability of long-distance motorcycle touring.
Victory designed the Cross Country Tour to dominate the motorcycle touring class, providing riders with a exceptional wheel control and the power of the 106 ci Freedom powerplant.
But what makes the 2012 Cross Country Tour stand out from the rest of the motorcycle touring crowd is the all-new Victory Comfort Control System, which allows the control of how much airflow one needs for comfort though out the year.
To enhance this Comfort Control System, Victory also added a new, taller windshield to the Tour, allowing for more wind blockage.
The Tour edition of Victory’s popular Cross Country also features the usual touring amenities – huge amounts of cargo space, heated grips and seat, ABS and an optimal audio system.
Following are the highlights of the new Cross Country Luxury Tour.
2012 Victory Cross Country Luxury Tour Features:
New Victory Comfort Control System
The cross country tour lets a rider control airflow reaching the seating area and thus control comfort year- round in all riding conditions.
The new Victory comfort control system consists of:
• Upper air controls that allow a rider to control the volume and direction of airflow to the upper body. Mounted at the base of the bike’s protective fairing, these controls pivot to provide cooling airflow where the rider wants to direct it or block air from reaching the upper body.
• lower air controls that allow a rider to control the volume of airflow to the legs. Fully open, they allow cooling airflow to reach the legs. closed, they block airflow to keep a rider’s legs warmer.
• both the Upper air controls and lower air controls can be adjusted easily with gloved hands.
Specially Equipped Hard Lowers
Along with the lower air controls, the hard lowers feature convenient covered and lockable storage compartments with 1 gallon capacity per lower; an iPod cord that connects an iPod with the bike’s integrated audio system; and an integrated 12V power outlet for electrical devices such as gPs or chargers. the lowers are mounted on chromed tubular highway bars that provide tip-over protection.
New Tall Windshield
Complementing the Victory comfort control system is the new tall windshield. this windshield is taller that the previously available accessory tall windshield, and it blocks wind, rain and road debris while providing a rider with a clear view of the road ahead.
Lock Ride Truck
A color-matched lock Ride trunk is standard on the cross country tour. In offers 17.7 gallons of secure, weatherproof storage in a space roomy enough to hold two full-face helmets. the lockable trunk provides the passenger with a padded backrest and it has two audio speakers.
• With lock Ride technology, the trunk can be installed on or removed from the bike quickly and easily without tools.
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
The non-linked abs provides a cross country tour rider with confidence-inspiring braking. Sensors on each wheel monitor wheel speed, and if they sense slippage or wheel lock, the abs provides instant, effective braking to slow the vehicle and help the rider maintain control.
Heated Grips Heated Seats
Rider comfort is enhanced further by heated hand grips with High and low settings, and heated seats with separate high-low controls for the driver and passenger.
Adjustable-Height Passenger Floorboards
The passenger floorboard height can be adjusted a range of 2 quickly and easily. a passenger has the choice of three height settings and the floorboard surface angle can also be adjusted a range of 10°.
Additional Premium Features
The cross country tour also has Hid lighting for optimized visibility and rear tip-over protection. strong frame- mounted bars that run along the bottom edge of the saddlebags make first contact with the ground if the bike is tipped over.
Premium Victory Performance
• Freedom 106/6 stage 1 V-twin: 109 ft.-lb. of torque
• 6-speed transmission with overdrive
• cruise control is standard
• 5.8-gallon/22.0-liter fuel capacity
• dual disk front brakes and inverted forks (see separate abs description)
• air-adjust rear suspension provides 4.7/120 mm of rear travel
Comfortable Cruising, Smooth Handling
The cross country tour provides a comfortable ride and smooth, easy handling, making it an ideal long- distance touring bike for one or two riders and gear.
• strong, innovative two-piece, sand-cast hollow aluminum frame
• air-adjust rear suspension with 4.7 (120 mm) of travel
• low 26.25 (667 mm) seat height
• the driver’s extended floorboards permit foot and leg movement for long-riding comfort
• the shifter leaves the rear of the left floorboard open for foot movement; an accessory bolt-on heel shifter is available
Protection Great Audio
The stylish and protective fork-mounted fairing provides excellent protection and houses instrumentation and an integrated audio system.
• AM/FM radio is standard, as is the iPod cord in the left hard lower; satellite radio is available as an accessory
• instrumentation contained in the fairing includes an analog speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, trip meter, and indicator lights
2012 Victory Cross Country Luxury Tour Color Options/MSRP:
• solid black / $21,999
• solid imperial blue / $22,499
• sunset Red over silver / $22,499
2012 Victory Cross Country Luxury Tour Specs
Engine type: 4-stroke 50o V-Twin
Cooling system: Air/Oil
Displacement: 106 ci/ 1731cc
Bore x Stroke: 101 X 108mm
Compression ratio: 9.4:1
Valve train: Single overhead camshafts with 4 valves per cylinder, self-adjusting cam chains, hydraulic lifters
Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection with dual 45mm throttle body
Fuel Capacity: 5.8 gal / 22 ltr
Exhaust: Staggered slash-cut dual exhaust with crossover
Oil capacity: 5.0 qts / 4.75 ltr
Charging System: 48 amps max output
Battery: 12 volts / 18 amp hours
Primary Drive: Gear drive with torque compensator
Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
Transmission: 6-speed overdrive constant mesh
Final Drive: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt
Length: 108.1 in / 2747 mm
Wheelbase: 65.7 in / 1670 mm
Seat Height: 26.25 in / 667 mm
Ground Clearance: 5.8 in / 148 mm
Rake/trail: 29.0o / 5.6 in / 142 mm
Dry Weight: 845 Lbs / 384 Kg
GVWR: 1360 lbs / 618 kg
Type: Inverted cartridge telescopic fork
Fork Tube Diameter: 43 mm
Travel: 5.1 in / 130 mm
Shock Absorber: Single, mono-tube gas
Swingarm: Cast Aluminum with constant rate linkage
Travel: 4.7 in / 120 mm
Adjustment: Air adjustable
Brake System Type: ABS
Front braking system: Dual 300mm floating rotor with 4-piston caliper
Rear braking system: 300mm floating rotor with 2-piston caliper
- Test ride – Victory Vegas and Vegas Jackpot The World Through My Lens
- 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour Review
- Custom Victory Kingpin 8-Ball Baggers
- Riding Impression: Victory Hammer – Popular Mechanics
- Motorcycle Review: 2008 Victory Vision Tour and Victory Vision Street…