Knight gives KTM 350 EXC-F Memorable First Enduro Outing
February 7, 2011 12:10pm
Enduro 3 World Champion places a strong second overall at Barcelona IEWC event
Enduro Factory Team rider David Knight ensured that KTM’s new 350 EXC-F machine enjoyed both a positive and memorable first outing as the Enduro 3 World Champion rode to an impressive overall runner-up result at the 12 th running of the Barcelona Indoor Enduro. Despite his participation being only a one-off appearance in the ’11 Indoor Enduro World Championship Knight certainly gave the event his all and earned his runner-up finish thanks to a 2/3/2 score card.
With much of David’s recent training having been focused towards the start of the ’11 Enduro World Championship the former IEWC title winner was soon up to speed and showing just how capable the new 350cc enduro machine is. Second in the first final David was then forced to work his way from the back of the pack in the second final after a mistake saw his fall early in the race. Going on to finish third Knight then repeated his opening result with a second runner-up result in the last final, which was more than enough to earn him the overall runner-up result behind team-mate Blazusiak.
David’s next event is the opening round of the British Sprint Enduro Championship, which takes place in Wales on February 12/13.
David Knight: ‘My main goal was to give the new 350 enduro bike a successful debut, and I think I did that. Qualification went really well and I managed to set the fastest time. That not only showed how good the bike is but also showed that my speed is where it needs to be even though this is a one off indoor ride for me. I always knew that the three seven lap finals were going to be tough, which they were. Taddy had a little too much pace for me so I just tried to race my own race each time.
The track was really physical so it was important to not make mistakes and waste energy. The second final was the hardest and I made a few mistakes. But the third final was good, and I enjoyed it. All in all it’s been a really good night for both the new 350 and myself. ’
Results – Barcelona Indoor Enduro 2011
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 7.14:428; 2. David Knight (KTM) 7.32:795; 3. Joakim Ljunggren (Husaberg) 7.40:132; 4. Alfredo Gomez (Husaberg) 7.45.255; 5. Jonny Walker (KTM) 7.49:675; 6. Graham Jarvis (Husaberg) 7.53:048
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 7.21:456; 2. Joakim Ljunggren (Husaberg) 7.38:651; 3. David Knight (KTM) 7.47:067; 4. Graham Jarvis (Husaberg) 7.51:648; 5. Alfredo Gomez (Husaberg) 7.53:893; 6. Cristobal Guerrero (KTM) 7.55:596
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 7.13:497; 2. David Knight (KTM) 7.33:956; 3. Alfredo Gomez (Husaberg) 7.48:773; 4. Mika Ahola (Honda) 7.54:799; 5. Joakim Ljunggren (Husaberg) 7.55:675l 6. Cristobal Guerrero (KTM)7.59:273
Championship standings – 2011 Indoor Enduro World Championship
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 103; 2. Joakim Ljunggren (Husaberg) 86; 3. Mika Ahola (Honda) 73; 4. Alfredo Gomez (Husaberg) 5. Graham Jarvis (Husaberg) 57; 6. Thomas Oldrati (KTM) 55; 7. David Knight (KTM) 48
Previous R2R Atlanta Ultimate Supercross Fan Experience Packages Mon Feb 7 11:50am Next Indoor MX Winter Series This Weekend Mon Feb 7 12:15pm
- KTM 690 Duke To Be Launched In India By 2015 – Overdrive
- 1994 ATK SUPERMOTO Strt Legal Titled, 45+MPG Excel rims OBO
- KTM Presents the Zero Emission Sportmotorcycle – Racer X Online
- FOR SALE – KTM 250 EXC-F SIX DAYS SPECIAL 2007 Model
- KTM: 2011 KTM 350 SX-F Dirt Bike Motorcycle